Just got home and received a message that UMA had received my request for info. The thought hasn't crossed my mind, what's less requesting info.

I phoned the number on my caller ID (could not understand the message on the answering machine, mumbled at the important parts, like the extension number). The guy who answered had all my info; name, address, etc. and said I made the request online......no, I didn't. Said it was done last night...

was only on my computer to check some car values. It bothers me that this could be done without my knowing it. This may be a very good company, may have even used it 3 years ago when I was shopping for medicare supplement info. But the guy was a bit argumentative about me making the request.

Bothers me that they had as much info. At any rate, I asked to not be contacted again and he said he'd remove my name.

Comments

h.kitchener

Since you admit using them about 3 years ago, it would appear they had your info and are "cold calling" those who either used or requested info from them in the past in hopes that you will need their services. This is a common tactic with many companies to drum up business.

Best thing to do when you get these unwanted calls is to never call them back as now they know your phone number is valid and you will likely get another---they never take you off their list.

It's the time of year for medical insurance scams, etc. as it is "open season" for deciding on next year's insurance.